Thursday, November 25, 2010

"LOVE OF LEMONS"

"Love of Lemons"/Award-winning Original Oil Painting/ 8X10"

This painting is currently on exhibit at the MOAK exhibition at the Springfield Art Museum.
The painting was also shown earlier this year at the annual Heartland Juried exhibit in Merriam, Kansas and won an award there.  It was an honor to have my work exhibited in these prestigious shows.

The light from the setting sun spilled over onto the kitchen counter after and I had just cut apart my daily ration of lemons (I really do love them!). The translucent slices, reminiscent of the sun in the blue sky, inspired me to paint this. (I also secretly like the way the top shadow reminds me of  ''PACMAN"-but we won't tell anybody.)


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.