Saturday, December 4, 2010

"LEAN ON ME" painting a day by Eileen McCoy

6"X8" small painting.
Available for purchase. Contact artist via website:
www.eileenmccoy.com

The only way these two apples would stand up was to lean on one another--like my husband and I do. He holds up the ends that I cannot seem to manage and visa versa. Thus the "Lean on Me"
On a technical note: notice the use of green in the background. The large red area in the painting needed some relief and complementary colors supply this balance--kind of like a middle-aged married couple! Also, notice the purple reflected light, a nice tertiary color that was present. I am constantly reminding
myself to paint what I see. Enjoy! Eileen 
email subscribers: Click on google name title link at top of email to view entire blog. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.