Thursday, January 27, 2011

HAWAII WEEK:
"Waikiki Beach/ Diamond Head"
Original Oil Painting by Eileen D. McCoy

SOLD
HAWAII WEEK: "Waikiki Beach/Diamond Head", Oahu/ Original oil painting
This original Plein Air* oil painting was painted on the beach in Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Yep, there's that familiar "Diamond Head" in the background. The first time I visited here, my late father took my Aunt and I treking up the mountain. 
Looking at this painting brings back wonderful memories of the climate and warm breezy weather. Wish I could be there now! 
 Got a favorite vacation photo you'd like to me to capture in paint? Just contact me!

Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Artist
WEBSITE: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.COM
*Plein air painting simply refers to the act of painting outside "in the air". The term is derived from the 19th century style of painting outdoors and became the central feature of French Impressionism.
NOW APPEARING: FREE Live Caricature Art Entertainment by Eileen D. McCoy at the Hy-Vee Grand Opening, Liberty, Missouri,
Grand Opening Celebration. JANUARY 29TH AND 30TH FROM 12 NOON TO 4PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.