Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Young Master Hill" #20


PORTRAIT WEEK:
The fourth in this week's original oil painting portrait series is of a young, red-headed boy. He so patiently sat for me while his brother and friend's romped around upstairs. I had the pleasure of making his acquaintance as my college-aged son chaperoned him about for the summer. The wonderful colors in his complexion, hair, and eyes compelled me to paint him. I am always looking for willing subjects!

Many people ask me when I am drawing live at events "How do you draw or paint a person?" The truth is, painting anything takes patience, practice and a great deal of observation. I draw over 1500 people annually as Caricatures at parties and events in Kansas City. It is these constant comparisons that help one to develop a keen eye.


Enjoy! Eileen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.