Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The Number Five Ball"


"THE NUMBER FIVE BALL"/Billiard Series/6"X8" original oil painting by Eileen McCoy
 Note: The watermark does not appear on the original painting
I decided to take this pool ball on vacation by painting in a landscape in the background. Perhaps, subconsciously, I was thinking of the wonderful vacations our family of 5 has taken. I really like the brushwork on this.  Also, I have been experimenting with palette color changes. Again, a simple setup--with a focus on the complementary color contrasts: orange and blue. Perhaps I should have called this "Rising Sun""?

"As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

Psalm 103:12 


Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Artist & Caricature Artist     
  SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:     
  PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.