Saturday, March 19, 2011

"The Number Four Ball"



"The Number Four Ball"/ oil on canvas 6"X8"/original oil painting
 Note: The watermark does not appear on the original painting
 BILLIARD POOL BALL SERIES 

These pool balls roll, so the first objective I have is to incorporate some sort of pedestal to keep them in place. I have this water atomizer in my studio which I use to spritz watercolor painting. It held the ball well, but gave it sort of a strange alien shape. To combat this, I used the shape of the pliers; the lines of which balance things out. The yellow/orange color of the handles balances out all of the blue too. Simplicity, that's the goal. Life is complicated enough, eh?
Stay tuned for more painting fun... Oh, I really liked some of the bronze colors that emerged on my palette.
 Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Artist & Caricature Artist   
SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:   
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.