Monday, March 14, 2011

"The Number One Ball"


"The Number One Ball"// Original Oil Painting on Archival Canvas panel/ 6"X8"
Please note: The watermark does not appear on the original painting. 

Billiard Pool Ball series
     I began this painting blog as a way to keep my focus and improve my painting skills.
Through reading, studying, and experimentation, I hope to become a better painter. 
Presently, I am focusing on improving my ability to see value changes while working
on a more spontaneous approach with my brushstrokes.

For the last 2 weeks, I've been working on a series of Billard Pool balls in chronological order. The attraction of painting these was to explore value changes on a basic round shape. The assorted colors of these balls enables me to explore value changes with each color as well. 


In "The Number One Ball" I have added an amber colored pedestal to explore translucent colors and highlights.

   
Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Fine Artist and Caricature Artist   

SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:  
  PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.