Thursday, March 17, 2011

"The Number Two Ball"




"The Number Two Ball"/ oil on canvas 6"X8"/original oil painting
Note: The watermark does not appear on the original painting
BILLIARD POOL BALL SERIES 
I set up these billiard pool ball still life scenes each day and try not to get to complicated with cliches about the numbers.When setting these up, I have a still life box with
a controlled lighting setup. I chose the pool balls for their shape and varied color.
So things don't get boring, I vary the backgrounds with "shapes", and with not a lot of concern over deeper meanings. Read into each one what you will: Two shapes (in this case, shoes), a number two ball-all pretty simple.
As I line up the series, I can see my work changing, which is why I keep plugging away in spite of the incessant battle with discouragement.  This blog keeps me going.
I am already up to the 13 ball, so look for more to come. Each one is very different.


"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! ...Though one may be overpowered two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken 
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).

A special thanks to David, my husband, who makes each day better than the last one.

And a shout out to Debra P. & Sherlyn O. for your encouragement.



Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Artist & Caricature Artist 

 
SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:   
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.