Sunday, April 3, 2011

"The Number Thirteen Ball" with Leopard Shoes







"The Number Thirteen Ball (with leopard shoes)"/ oil on canvas 6"X8"/original oil painting
 Note: The watermark does not appear on the original painting
BILLIARD POOL BALL SERIES 
Inspired by my daughter's leopard slipper shoes, the thirteen ball turned out to be the most fun so far. I started layering lighter colors over darker one's after blocking in all of the shadow areas. There's much more freedom in the brush strokes and fun with the colors. The number "13" gets such a bad rap--I wanted to avoid any cliches and make it fun. Typically, I start with the game ball's color and work out the setting from there. It shows that I had a delightful time. Whadda think?

  Enjoy,  Eileen McCoy- Kansas City Artist & Caricature Artist     
SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:     
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.