Friday, May 20, 2011

"CHALK TALK #3"


Chalk Talk #3/ 6"X8" original oil painting on archival canvas panel

ON DAILY PAINTINGS: 


Here is the third in my "summer fun" series featuring a darling little gal who I captured illustrating on the concrete at my son's tennis match.

        
 My children inspire me to persevere. They persevere at whatever subject or sport they have undertaken. While I've been painting all my life, I have wiped off more canvases than I care to admit. I realize that this is part of the process of experimentation with different media, so I try not to become too disappointed when I have nothing to show for the many hours invested. Watercolor comes more naturally to me, but I continue to challenge myself with the oil paints. My faithful followers can be the judge on how my work is progressing. 

"It really is appallingly difficult to do something which is complete in every respect, and I think most people are content with mere approximations. Well, my dear friend, I intend to battle on, scrape off and start again... (Claude Monet)
   SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:         
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.