Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"The Violinist, Honolulu, Hawaii"



 "The Violinist, Honolulu, Hawaii"/ oil on canvas 6"X8"/original oil painting


This painting was done from a photo I had taken in Honolulu during my painting trip there in 2008. The violinist had made camp in a concrete pavilion, playing beautiful music whilst oblivious tourists passed by him. I was caught up in the magic his music emitted to the warmth and fun of the Waikiki beach scene.  Everyone has a story and I wondered how he and his violin happen to land here. 



These little "slice of life" scenes have always been part of my painting repertoire and I enjoy revisiting them from time to time.

     
SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:         
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is wonderful, I really enjoyed ... very beautiful ...
    http://www.aartedenewtonavelino.com

    Brazilian art and culture

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.