Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FROM THE SKETCH BOOK: My Son, Lincoln


Sketch of Lincoln

Taking a sketchbook with you wherever you go, comes in handy for drawing studies. I seem to listen better when I draw. (Like doodling when you are on the phone). My son, Lincoln, was watching me draw while we were in a meeting, so I drew him watching me. He was a great model. This one took between 6-8 minutes or so. Notice the other little studies on the page. Doing this small studies keeps me sharp. Somehow when you are sketching, there is no pressure to do a real "finished" piece, and the spontaneous lines show up. I am totally relaxed when I sketch. 

      SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:             
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.