Monday, June 6, 2011

"Wild Roses" #80


 "Wild Roses"/ oil on canvas 8"X8"/original oil painting




SOLD

I wonder if I am missing  a lot in conversations as, whist others are eating and talking, I am thinking about how I would interpret into paint the depths of these beautiful wild roses and the shadows surrounding them.
I loved the range of red values in this painting-not only in the roses, but in the deep shades of the base in the foreground. I actually moved the setup to the floor, where the long shadows were seen best on the beautiful, rich wood planks. This was one of those paintings that seemed to hum right along.
Enjoy! Eileen

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DAVID!
Celebrating 24 years of Marriage, and a wonderful life together. 

      SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:             
PAINTING BLOG: WWW.EILEENMCCOY.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.