Monday, October 31, 2011

"A Bouquet of Newly-Sharpened Pencils"


  Daily Painting #121/"A Bouquet of Newly Sharpened Pencils"/Original acrylic painting on canvas 8"X10"
COLLECTION OF THE ARTIST

   Before I had children, I used to keep freshly sharpened pencils on every desk and table top "just in case". I love to draw with a newly sharpened pencil point! It was about 20 years ago,when the boy's were little, that I surrendered my habit upon discovering, in my horror, smartly- snapped pencil missiles amidst piles of blocks and legos.  I was even more terrorized when I first found one of my cherished number six drawing pencils in the rubble. Like a kindergartener on the first day of school, I began to guard my precious pencil case. 

My favorite quote from the movie "You've Got Mail" :
"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."  

 Enjoy, Eileen      
              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               
 

1 comment:

  1. I can just smell these newly sharpened pencils. Love the way you incorporated the colors of the pencils into the shadows around the glass and missiles.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.