Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Orange Elevated"


 Daily Painting #147/ "Orange Elevated"/Original oil painting on panel 8"X6"
 
   Continuing with the orange quest (a vitamin C need?)-this setup explores complementary colors, reflections, and contrasting cast shadows vs. form shadows. I like leaving a bit of the under painting to hold things together. 
When setting up still life objects to paint, I often get inspiration from the pile of objects that have been cast off to the side. Somehow they are less contrived than the setups I attempt to orchestrate.  Funny how that works!

 Enjoy, Eileen      
                          
    

              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               

1 comment:

  1. I like your oranges series! I think you found the 'zone' on this one for sure. Awesome.
    Happy Painting,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.