Saturday, February 25, 2012

"You Know The Drill"


  Daily Painting #150/"You Know The Drill/Original oil painting on panel 8"X8"


My son just looked over my shoulder and asked why I was posting our drill online. 
Ha! I would never surrender my DeWalt cordless drill!

This particular oil painting was done from life, instead of a photo; which I find helps me to eliminate confusion over what details to leave out (I squint alot). 
Though I often paint from photos, it expands my visual vocabulary to paint from life. 
 I used some artistic license to animate the subject just slightly, giving it a more laser-gun appeal. This becomes more apparent if you were to compare it to the photo-taken afterwards- of the drill itself.

  Enjoy, Eileen      
                          
    

              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.