Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"AWARD OF MERIT"-2012 Heartland Juried show


Award of Merit winner: Eileen McCoy's painting of
 "The Three Bees"/Original oil painting on panel 8"X8"
    
I am continually astonished and honored when I win an award in an art competition. 
Each new painting presents an opportunity to apply what I have learned to the next painting and so on. Consequently, one is never at rest about the art as there exists an infinite level of learning.  And while an artist often senses when their objectives have been met in a painting, it is more difficult to predict what the viewer or the juror will see within a work of art. 

This painting was inspired by a very old photo of my Grandmother (left), Aunt(center) and Mother(right). I could just feel the chatter of their conversations as my Mom showed her east coast visitors the Missouri River. 
They are all deceased, but their memory now lives on in this
little painting. This one's for you, Mom. 

 P.S.- I'll be back with more paintings in about a week or so as I am working on some large commissioned pieces for some clients. 

 Enjoy, Eileen      
Click to view show: AWARD OF MERIT WINNER-HEARTLAND ART JURIED EXHIBIT                          
    

              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a well deserved award. I love the colors and sparkle of the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award...you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.