Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mt. Ararat Baptist Church 1884 /#152


"Mt. Ararat Baptist Church #152"/Original oil painting on panel 8"X10"
CLICK TO PURCHASE

    This may sound like a strange thing to say about a painting; but I appreciate this painting.  Somehow it was a delight... Let me explain:
Yesterday morning, our plein aire group met to paint in Kansas (see my facebook  page).
It was joyous to get out of the studio, into the open air and make the acquaintance of such a congenial group of artists. But the morning painting did not come out so well.
For a few months, I've been switching between watercolor, pastel, colored pencils, and oils (as each job demanded). Anyway, my tired brain just didn't make the leap back into oil painting. The nice thing is, with enough practice and experience, it doesn't take long to figure out where you went wrong. I couldn't wait to get out that evening and conquer the canvas by painting outside again. 
 Intentionally, I left white completely off the palette until the very end.  
HA! That'll show ya!

   Enjoy, Eileen      
                          
    

              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Eileen. I like the light bouncing off the dark windows.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.