Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pastel Thirteen


  

 Painting #185/"Pastel Thirteen"/Original Pastel painting 10"X8"
On archival paper. 
 Contact artist

This week, I revisited some still life themes I had explored earlier in this blog  (the former billiard ball series was painted in oil).
The discipline of blogging takes time and patience, but I have found the practice well worth the while for many reasons. One of them is having an organized record of one's progress; another is to contemplate the direction of the body of work.
I've been experiencing somewhat of a rebirth, as I experiment, again, with some familiar media and research some of the great artists from the past whom I admire. 
The timepiece in this painting seems to be floating, fleeting, unanchored; but isn't that, after all, the essence of time? 

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to."
-Robert Henri
 
   Enjoy, Eileen      
                          
    

              SEE MORE ART BY EILEEN:               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.